This recorded short course session with duration of 9 hours provides a high-level discussion of the parameters related to the fundamental Shariah principles and their practical implementation in modern financial and banking transactions, especially in the main sectors of Islamic finance: Islamic banking, takaful companies and the Islamic capital market. As always, the discussions will be conducted in the spirit of appreciating diversity across key Islamic finance jurisdictions, regulatory policies and guidelines. To that end, the key principles for applying Shariah texts to the real world have been studied, along with their implementations on various institutions of the Islamic financial industry. The course also includes high-level discussion on assessment of the performance of the Islamic financial industry in maintaining balance between the two sides.
**This course is in Arabic Language**
The objectives of this course are:
- To study deeper the basic principles governing Islamic financial transactions through adherence to Shariah fundamentals and implementation of the fiqh of exceptions without neglecting the spirit of Islamic law (maqasid al-Shariah).
- To direct the practices of the industry towards adherence to the spirit of Islamic law while meeting contemporary needs, and to guide innovations and new initiatives for addressing social and economic challenges
- To provide the audience with a maqaṣidi framework to guide the Islamic financial industry and to promote the balance between adherence to Shariah fundamentals and implementation of the fiqh of exceptions when applying key Shariah principles such as benefit (maslahah), necessity (darurah) and need (hajah) to Islamic finance products and services.
- To ensure the stimulation of innovation of products that are compliant with the letter and spirit of Shariah
Speakers for these sessions are:
- Sheikh Dr. Abdul Rahman Al-Saadi
- Sheikh Dr. Abdul Bari Mashal
- Sheikh Prof. Dr. Raed Nasry Abu Mounes
- Sheikh Tan Sri Dr. Mohd Daud Bakar
- Sheikh Prof. Dr. Younes Soulahi
- Sheikh Dr. Osaid Adeeb Al-Kaelani
- Assoc. Prof Dr Said Bouheraoua, Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Abdul Razzaq, Sheikh Dr. Nasir Haidar, Sheikh Dr. Basheer Aliyu, Sheikh. Dr. Muhammad Ali Al-Qaradaghi, Sheikh Dr. Sami Suwaylim, Sheikh Dr. Aizuddin
People who are suitable for this course are:
- Islamic banking and finance players & researchers
- Academia world
Upon completion of this programme, participant should be able to:
- Understand the basic principles governing fiqh of crisis management through the adherence to Shariah fundamentals and fiqhi issues and cases without neglecting the aspect of spirit of Islamic law (Maqasid al-Shariah)
- Further shape the balance between the adherence to fundamentals and implementation of the fiqh of exceptions in issuing fatwas/resolutions and developing Islamic finance products to ensure compliance with the letter and spirit of Shariah as well as modern sustainable development goals.
- Apply the balance between adherence to Shariah fundamentals and implementation of the fiqh of exceptions when applying key Shariah principles such as benefit (maslahah), necessity (darurah) and need (hajah) to Islamic finance products and services.