This course is part of the initiative to promote a better understanding of Islamic fintech policies and Shari’ah compliant practices and their harmonization, including the development and impact of Islamic social financing in the Islamic finance industry and other global trends. The expert speakers will share regional and global insights on current trends and development in the Islamic Fintech industry, focusing on areas such as:
- Maqasid al-Shari’ah of Islamic fintech
- Green and Sustainable Financing
- Financial Inclusion
- Islamic Digital Banking
- Islamic Social Financing
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The objectives of this course are to:
- To highlight the role of Shari’ah in Islamic fintech
- To raise global awareness about the opportunities in Islamic fintech
- To encourage and promote entrepreneurship
- To spark aspiration and ambition from the industry’s thought leader
The module comprised five sessions:
First: Roadmap for Islamic Fintech to Support Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Second: Bank-Talk: Digital Banks: How Can They Deepen Financial Inclusion?
Third: Islamic Fintech: Accelerating the Social Agenda Post Pandemic
Fourth: Leveraging on Emerging Technologies to Meet Maqasid Al-Shariah In Green And Sustainable Financing
Fifth: Tech-Talk: Rise of The Super-Apps: What Can We Expect for Islamic Fintech?
- Sharifatul Hanizah Said Ali – Executive Director, Islamic Capital Market Development, Securities Commission Malaysia (SC)
- E. Prof. Dr. Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary-General of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy
- Mohd Muazzam Mohamed – CEO, Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (BIMB)
- Arsalaan Ahmed – CEO, Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation (Malaysia) Bhd
- Muhammad Syahmi Mohd Karim – Deputy CEO, ISRA Consulting (IC)
- Raja Amir Shah Raja Azwa – CEO, HSBC Amanah Malaysia
- Puan Ruslena Ramli – Director of FinTech and Islamic Digital Economy, MDEC
- Mohammad Ridzuan Abdul Aziz – Country Director and Head, ASEAN Business, WorldRemit
- Siew Suet Ming, Chief Rating Officer at RAM Rating Services Berhad
- Areeb Siddiqui – CEO, Kestrl
- Syakir Hashim – SVP, Business Operations, Wahed
- Ifran Tarmizi – CEO, GlobalSadaqah
- Dr. Moutaz Abojeib – Researcher, ISRA
- Islamic Fintech players
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Understand Islamic bank engagement with digitalization and Islamic fintech.
- Analyze the challenges faced by the Islamic finance industry during the pandemic and how social financing through Islamic fintech can assist.
- Understand better the growth and potential of Islamic fintech growth to potentially a super-App.